Our Bath Half runners raised an unbelievable £2.2 million in 2016 – a record breaking figure for the race! Since […]
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Crossing the finish line of a half marathon is a huge achievement, and it becomes even more impressive when the runner […]
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Running High Events, organisers of the Vitality Bath Half Marathon, have announced that general public entries have sold out for […]
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Information for charities
2017 OFFICIAL RACE CHARITY APPLICATIONS
Applications for charities wishing to apply for official charity places at the 2017 Vitality Bath Half Marathon are now open. Applications from local charities and new charity partners are particularly welcomed
Details of our 2017 charity scheme can be downloaded :
CLICK HERE to download our 2017 General Charity Entry Packages Outline
CLICK HERE to download our 2017 Official Charity Scheme Information Pack
Charity Application Closing Dates :
Existing race charities –16th May 2016
New race charities –1st August 2016
Charities wishing to apply for ‘Gold Bond’, ‘Silver Bond’ or ‘Bronze Bond’ reserved charity entries are asked to complete our CHARITY APPLICATION FORM
Details of our Featured ‘Lead’ and ‘Family Fun Run’ Charity schemes, and ‘Top Tier’ advertising packages can be obtained on request from our Charity Director, Mel Taylor using our CONTACT US FORM
Background – a refreshingly different approach
Race organisers Running High Events do not commercialise charity partnerships at the Vitality BATHALF. Higher entry costs for national and international charities plus website advertising charges are used to subsidise substantially discounted entries for local charities, plus the operating costs of providing dedicated in-house staff to manage the charity scheme
Our simple proposition, through low prices and a low fundraising pledge limit, is to incentivise charities to take as many places in the race as possible – to ensure the race sells out each year – maximising the perceived ‘added value’ of charity places, and thereby the amount runners are willing to fundraise for their chosen charity –a winning formula for the last 16 years !
Over £18 million pounds has been raised at the Vitality Bath Half Marathon by the official race charities in the 17 years since the introduction of our Official Race Charity Scheme in 2000. In 2015 a record figure of over £2.1 million pounds was raised by charities, and indications for the 2016 event are that this figure will be surpassed once again.
- 17 year proven history of delivery for charity fundraising
- General public entries sold out every year since 2000
- Capacity for the event has been capped at 15,000 entries since 2007
- Lower entry costs and advertising packages for charities across all sectors
- Consistently high sell on rate – 82% of allocated charity places successfully filled by charities in 2016 (87% in 2015, 85% in 2014)
- One of the highest fundraising returns in UK (ave £380 per allocated charity place)
- Low minimum pledge limit – £175
- Average 3 months exclusive period for charity sales
- Discounted entries for local charities – 25% below general public entry price
- No upper limit to the number of charity places, above minimum number of 5
- No charge for ‘Featured Local Charity’ status
- Free race day ‘general’ charity marquee
- Dedicated in-house charity staff – a personal support & enquiries team, on hand from application to race day
- Long-term relationships with over 110 race charity partners
As the largest single day fundraising event in the South West region, the Vitality Bath Half Marathon represents a valuable revenue stream for hundreds of charities and voluntary groups. Participation in the event also helps raise the public profile of charities, particularly local smaller charities and voluntary groups supporting less popular causes.
Entries to the Vitality Bath Half Marathon are heavily oversubscribed every year. One of our main priorities is to ensure maximum benefit from the places reserved for the Official Race Charities, selection of which is determined by our Charity Director Mel Taylor in accordance with our Charity Selection Criteria, with a particular emphasis on benefit to local charities within the Bath & North East Somerset area, which suffers the inconvenience of the event.
25% of the 15,000 places at the 2016 Vitality Bath Half Marathon were reserved for 110 Official Race Charities. These places were allocated by each charity to race entrants in return for an undertaking to fundraise for their respective charity.