We are thrilled to have Alzheimer’s Society on board as our Bath Half 2018 Lead Charity. Every year we really […]
Monday, July 24, 2017
The Bath Half Marathon has set a new personal best in the amount of money raised from official charity places, […]
Thursday, July 20, 2017
Entries for the Bath Half Marathon are selling much quicker than recent years and the event is preparing for an […]
Thursday, June 22, 2017
Information for charities
2018 OFFICIAL RACE CHARITY APPLICATIONS
Applications for charities wishing to apply for official charity places at the 2018 Bath Half Marathon are now open.
Applications from local charities and new charity partners are particularly welcomed
Details of our 2018 charity scheme can be downloaded from the links below :
CLICK HERE to download our 2018 General Charity Entry Packages Outline
CLICK HERE to download our 2018 Official Charity Scheme Information Pack
2018 Charity Application Closing Dates :
Existing race charities –14th May 2017
New race charities –1st August 2017
Charities wishing to apply for ‘Gold Bond’, ‘Silver Bond’ or ‘Bronze Bond’ reserved charity entries are asked to complete our CHARITY APPLICATION FORM
Details of our Featured ‘Lead’ and ‘Family Fun Run’ Charity schemes, and ‘Top Tier’ advertising packages can be obtained on request from our Charity Director, Mel Taylor using our CONTACT US FORM
Background – a refreshingly different approach
Race organisers Running High Events do not commercialise charity partnerships at the BATHALF. Higher entry costs for national and international charities plus website advertising charges are used to subsidise substantially discounted entries for local charities, plus the operating costs of providing dedicated in-house staff to manage the charity scheme
Our simple proposition, through low prices and a low fundraising pledge limit, is to incentivise charities to take as many places in the race as possible – to ensure the race sells out each year – maximising the perceived ‘added value’ of charity places, and thereby the amount runners are willing to fundraise for their chosen charity –a winning formula for the last 18 years !
Over £20 million pounds has been raised at the Bath Half Marathon by the official race charities in the 18 years since the introduction of our Official Race Charity Scheme in 2000. In 2016 a record figure of over £2.2 million pounds was raised by charities, and indications for the 2017 event are that this figure will be surpassed once again.
- 18 year proven history of delivery for charity fundraising
- General public entries sold out every year since 2000
- Capacity for the event has been capped at 15,000 entries since 2007
- Lower entry costs and advertising packages for charities across all sectors
- Consistently high sell on rate – 89% of allocated charity places successfully filled by charities in 2017 (82% in 2016, 87% in 2015)
- One of the highest fundraising returns in UK (ave £450 per allocated charity place)
- Low minimum pledge limit – £175
- Average 3 months exclusive period for charity sales
- Discounted entries for local charities – 25% below general public entry price
- No upper limit to the number of charity places, above minimum number of 5
- No charge for ‘Featured Local Charity’ status
- Free race day ‘general’ charity hall (or marquee)
- Dedicated in-house charity staff – a personal support & enquiries team, on hand from application to race day
- Long-term relationships with charity partners – 130 race charities in 2017
As the largest single day fundraising event in the South West region, the Bath Half Marathon represents a valuable revenue stream for hundreds of charities and voluntary groups. Participation in the event also helps raise the public profile of charities, particularly local smaller charities and voluntary groups supporting less popular causes.
Entries to the Bath Half Marathon are heavily oversubscribed every year. One of our main priorities is to ensure maximum benefit from the places reserved for the Official Race Charities, selection of which is determined by our Charity Director Mel Taylor in accordance with our Charity Selection Criteria, with a particular emphasis on benefit to local charities within the Bath & North East Somerset area, which suffers the inconvenience of the event.
30% of the 15,000 places at the 2018 Bath Half Marathon (25% in 2017, 22% in 2016) will be reserved for our Official Race Charities. In turn these places will be allocated by each charity to race entrants in return for an undertaking to fundraise for their respective charity.