- Action Against Child Poverty Campaign
- Alzheimer’s Society
- British Heart Foundation
- Cancer Research UK
- CLIC Sargent
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Guide Dogs
- Marie Curie
- Parkinson’s UK
- Send a Cow
- Teenage Cancer Trust
- Action on Pre-Eclampsia
- MHA Stratton House
- African Initiatives
- Age UK Bath and North East Somerset
- BabyCheck Bath
- Bath & North East Somerset Carers’ Centre
- Bath Cancer Unit Support Group
- Bath Cats and Dogs Home
- Bath City Farm
- Bath Mind
- Bath Rugby Foundation
- Bloodwise – formerly Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research
- Breast Cancer Now
- Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens
- Challenge Ministries Swaziland UK
- Children’s Hospice South West
- Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Dance Again Foundation
- Diabetes UK
- Dorothy House Hospice Care
- First Steps Bath
- Focus Counselling
- FRANK Water
- Friends of Young Carers
- Genesis Trust
- Great Western Air Ambulance Charity
- Headway Bath & District
- Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary
- Hope and Homes for Children
- Jamie’s Farm
- Jessie May
- Julian House
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Labour Behind the Label
- Lifeskills – Learning for Living
- Mentoring Plus
- Mercy in Action
- Off the Record BANES
- Pancreatic Cancer UK
- Penny Brohn UK
- People against Poverty
- Rainforest Concern
- Rethink Mental Illness
- Ronald McDonald House, Bristol
- Samaritans of Bath & District
- Soundwell Music Therapy Trust
- Sporting Family Change
- St John Ambulance
- St John’s Hospital
- St Mungo’s
- The Brain Tumour Charity
- The Forever Friends Appeal
- Time is Precious
- TREE AID
- University of Bath Students’ Union
- Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal
- Wellbeing of Women
- Wessex MS Therapy Centre
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Wiltshire Music Centre Trust
- Women’s Aid
Teenage Cancer Trust
For every young person we can help, there’s another we can’t.
Join the Teenage Cancer Trust team at the 2018Bath Half Marathon and together, we can make sure every young person with cancer gets the care they deserve.
We could go on all day about why you should join #TeamTeenageCancer, but that would be boring so we’ll keep it short. Here are our top 3 reasons:
- You’ll help young people with cancer.
- You’ll get an exclusive Teenage Cancer Trust running top.
- You’ll have an amazing race day experience. We’ll be cheering you on along the route and have free refreshments at the end.
Cancer sucks. When you’re young, a cancer diagnosis shatters everything. Just when life should be about fun, friends and the future, you’re suddenly faced with a world of fear.
Our cancer units in NHS hospitals, like the one at the Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre, have set the standard for years. We’re talking bright colours, big sofas, the latest movies, friends welcome 24/7, communal kitchens, specialist nurses who really know what teenagers care about and need and other young people who understand what’s on your mind. This support is world-leading.
But half of young cancer patients aren’t treated in our units. Many receive treatment in hospitals where there’s no specialist treatment or facilities for young people. It can be a deeply isolating experience.
So it’s time to go further. We’ve got one ambition: reach every young person with cancer, wherever they are in the UK.
We’ve piloted a new way of working, with our experts traveling to local hospitals and patients’ homes across the UK. The great news? It works.
So we’re rolling the scheme out, and with your support we can finish the job.
So don’t doubt it, by joining the team at the 2018 Bath Half Marathon – you will transform young people’s lives. Forever.