- Alzheimer’s Society
- Action Against Child Poverty Campaign
- Bath Half Marathon Community Fund
- British Heart Foundation
- Cancer Research UK
- CLIC Sargent
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Guide Dogs
- Marie Curie
- Parkinson’s UK
- Send a Cow
- Teenage Cancer Trust
- African Initiatives
- Age UK Bath and North East Somerset
- BabyCheck Bath
- Bath & North East Somerset Carers’ Centre
- Bath Cancer Unit Support Group
- Bath Cats and Dogs Home
- Bath City Farm
- Bath Mind
- Bath Rugby Foundation
- Bloodwise – formerly Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research
- Bowel Cancer West
- Breast Cancer Now
- Challenge Ministries Swaziland UK
- Children’s Hospice South West
- Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Dance Again Foundation
- Diabetes UK
- Dorothy House Hospice Care
- First Steps Bath
- Focus Counselling
- FRANK Water
- Friends of Young Carers
- Genesis Trust
- Great Western Air Ambulance Charity
- Headway Bath & District
- Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary
- Hope and Homes for Children
- Huntingtons Disease Association (Bristol Branch)
- Jamie’s Farm
- Jessie May
- Julian House
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Labour Behind the Label
- Lifeskills – Learning for Living
- Mentoring Plus
- Mercy in Action
- MHA Stratton House
- Off the Record BANES
- Pancreatic Cancer UK
- Penny Brohn UK
- People against Poverty
- Rainforest Concern
- Rethink Mental Illness
- Ronald McDonald House, Bristol
- Samaritans of Bath & District
- Soundwell Music Therapy Trust
- South Western Ambulance Service Charity
- Sporting Family Change
- St John Ambulance
- St John’s Foundation
- St Mungo’s
- Stroke Association
- The Brain Tumour Charity
- The Forever Friends Appeal
- Time is Precious
- TREE AID
- University of Bath Students’ Union
- Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal
- Wansdyke Play Association
- We Hear You
- Wellbeing of Women
- Wessex MS Therapy Centre
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Wiltshire Music Centre Trust
- Women’s Aid
The Forever Friends Appeal
Support RUH patients at the Bath Half 2018
One day, if not already, we will all spend time in hospital.
Run with us and help fund extra special projects that will make a real difference to patients and their families cared for by the Royal United Hospitals in Bath.
By joining our team (affectionately known as ‘Ted’s Team’), every step you take has the power to touch the lives of hundreds of thousands people, when they need it most.
Your friends. Your family. Your local community. Everyone.
The Forever Friends Appeal is the charity for all of the RUH, so you can choose to run in support of any ward or department at the Hospital that is close to your heart. From Children’s to Cardiac, the RUH Cancer Care Campaign to the new RNHRD & Therapies Centre, Dementia Care to NICU – no matter what area, the money you raise will make it possible for us to pay for additional equipment, research and innovations, as well as finishing touches and ‘extras’ that go above and beyond what standard NHS funding can provide.
To find out more about our major projects (including the RUH Cancer Care Campaign, which is raising a minimum of £8.5 million to help build a world class new Cancer Centre) and the different areas you can support, visit our website here.
The Royal United Hospitals is proud to deliver great quality care to over 500,000 people across BaNES, Somerset, Wiltshire and South Gloucestershire. Running with us means that you will support so many, helping patients through some of life’s toughest challenges by making their time in hospital a little bit better.
As part of Ted’s Team you’ll receive….
– Your very own bright and colourful team running vest
– A runners pack with fundraising guidance and a sample training plan
– Support from the Appeal’s Events Team, any time you need it – they’re only a phone call or email away
– An opportunity to visit the RUH to find out more about the RUH Cancer Care Campaign, plus a tour of the current facilities
– An exclusive invitation to the official ‘Ted’s Team’ marquee in the Runners Village on race day, including a meet and greet with Big Ted himself
– The biggest cheers and encouragement on race day!
Here’s how you can sign up and support your local hospital…
Looking for a charity place?
We have places available for just £35 on our website here. Sign up today, raise £175 and support patients and their families, when they need it most.
Already have a place via general entry?
You can still join the team – we’d love to have you! You’ll receive the same support as our charity place runners, the only difference is you don’t have to commit to a minimum sponsorship target. All we ask is that you raise as much as you can for the RUH! Just let us know you’d like to join by filling out our online for here , and we’ll send you a runners pack and everything else you need.
Corporate Challenge teams
You can also get your company and colleagues involved by entering the official Corporate Challenge . The Bath Half is a great team building exercise and fundraising opportunity!