It is an impressive feat to run a half marathon, and even more so when it’s to raise money for […]
Thursday, January 12, 2017
It will be a very special moment for 68-year-old Rick Dean when the day of the 2017 Vitality Bath Half […]
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Our Bath Half runners raised an unbelievable £2.2 million in 2016 – a record breaking figure for the race! Since […]
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Details of 2016 Battle of the Bands unveiled
With just over five weeks to go until Vitality Bath Half Marathon race day the details of the bands who will be playing live sets around the course on Sunday 13th March have been unveiled.
Following the success of the inaugural Battle of the Bands competition in 2015 the number of bands has been increased from 7 to 9 this year, with a wide range of musical genres from folk to brass, rock and roll, funk, soul, boogie woogie, surf and Irish.
The Vitality Bath Half is renowned for the crowd support around the course. The entertainment is also a popular element of the event, with half marathon runners passing each Battle of the Bands point twice on the 2-lap course, in addition to a number of media and charity cheering points.
The bands will be showcasing their talent in front of the 15,000 runners as well as the spectators and residents, whilst creating a carnival atmosphere and keeping the runners motivated around the 13.1 mile course.
Runners will be invited to vote for their favourite band after the race, and the band with the most votes wins the 2016 Battle of the Bands title, plus a £500 cash prize, and a chance to play on BBC Radio Bristol.
The Battle of the Bands location points around the route are as follows:
• Location 1: Harlem Rhythm Cats at The Ayrlington on Pulteney Road
• Location 2: North Somerset Community Brass at Green Park
• Location 3: The Corporations at Victoria Pub & Kitchen on Upper Bristol Road
• Location 4: The Somerset Paddies at Andrews Estate Agent on Newbridge Road
• Location 5: Trenchard near the Boathouse Pub on Newbridge Road
• Location 6: The Disfavoured Party at Way Ahead Care on Lower Bristol Road
• Location 7: The Edsel Furys at The Carers’ Centre on Lower Bristol Road
• Location 8: lDestroy at The Royal Oak Pub on Lower Bristol Road
• Location 9: Bath Folk Youth Band at Platinum Toyota Bath on Lower Bristol Road
Please go to http://bathhalf.co.uk/the-event/battle-of-the-bands/ for the full Battle of the Bands entertainment schedule with all the details about the bands and venues.
Dave Box, Battle of the Bands Co-Ordinator, said: “We are excited to bring Battle of the Bands back for 2016. The Battle of the Bands competition provides a fantastic platform for local talent to showcase their musical skills whilst providing a great atmosphere and entertainment for runners and spectators alike.
“We would like to express a big thank you to all the bands who are taking part in this year’s Battle of the Bands, who are all giving their time for free to support the event, and to all the venues who have generously donated use of their premises. We are looking forward to seeing and hearing everyone on 13th March.”