Bath Cancer Unit Support Group is a small local charity run entirely by volunteers who raise money to purchase equipment and provide facilities and services unable to be funded by the NHS to benefit cancer patients at the Royal United Hospital, Bath.
As a result of having no premises or employees and being run by a small group of volunteers who generally fund their own expenses, BCUSG has very low overheads with around 90-95% of funds raised going direct to projects.
Over £5 million has been raised to-date.
Recent projects include;
- £340,000 in order to purchase an upgraded Solid– State Gamma Camera resulting in better images for diagnosis.
- A trial of the Clinical and Cost Effectiveness of Low Level Laser in the Management of Oral Mucositis in Head and Neck Cancer Irradiation (£4,150).
- Development of a Quiet Room for families of patients with palliative end of life care needs (£14,318).
- £67,822 to provide for an initial period of one year an Out of Hours Helpline for the increasing number of outpatients receiving chemotherapy at the RUH.
- £62,000 to purchase two Real-Time Position Management Respiratory Gating Systems to deliver radiotherapy treatment more accurately.
- On an on-going basis we provide flowers, newspapers and refreshments in the Oncology out patient’s waiting room to enhance the environment for patients at what is inevitably a stressful time for them.
As an official race charity secured places are available for the Bath Half 2021 in support of this charity’s work.
BCUSG runners will be provided with a personalised running “T” shirt and we will be there on race day to support you.
Registered Charity number: 292643
Visit www.bcusg.org for lots more information about BCUSG. If you would like to run the Bath Half 2021 for Bath Cancer Unit Support Group and help in making a real difference for local cancer patients, please e-mail [email protected] for an application form.
Bath Half Fundraising History
Bath Cancer Support Unit has now been an official charity partner of the Bath Half Marathon for 7 years and in this time have raised a total figure of £30,344 from fundraising at this event.