Today, 12 more children and young people will hear the devastating news that they have cancer. That’s where we come in: Young Lives vs Cancer is a charity that gives under 25’s and their families in the UK what they need to get through their cancer. We don’t do treatment, but we’re here for everything else.
Lockdown is easing for most of us, but for many children and young people with cancer, coronavirus is still having a huge impact. Diagnoses have been delayed, treatments have been affected, anxiety is high, and cancer costs are growing at a terrifying pace, with some parents losing their only income. This is life for young cancer patients in the ‘new normal’. As life starts to shift into a new phase for many, the families we support are still facing an uncertain future and need our support more than ever.
You can make sure young cancer patients don’t have to face the ‘new normal’ alone. Join Team Young Lives to help more children and young people with cancer, and their families, get the support they need when they need it most.
Whether you have your own place that you got through the organisers or have a charity place we’re on hand to make you feel like the super hero that you are.
Team perks include:
- Dedicated bespoke training support to get you over the finish line feeling great
- Fundraising help and support
- Super cool kit to wear on race day
- The loudest of cheers on race day – we have to be more than 2m away but you’ll still hear us
- If allowed, marquee in the race village with hot drinks, snacks for you and your friends and family
- Post-race massage if regulations allow.
Bath Half Fundraising Figures
Young Lives vs Cancer has now been an official charity partner of the Bath Half Marathon for 18 years and in this time have raised a total figure of £936,180 from fundraising at this event.