- British Heart Foundation
- Children’s Hospice South West
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Cancer Research UK
- Prostate Cancer UK
- CLIC Sargent
- Guide Dogs
- Marie Curie
- Parkinson’s UK
- Send a Cow
- Action for M.E.
- African Initiatives
- Age UK Bath and North East Somerset
- Anthony Nolan
- BabyCheck Bath
- Bath & North East Somerset Carers’ Centre
- Bath Cancer Unit Support Group
- Bath Cats and Dogs Home
- Bath City Farm
- Bath Mind
- Bath Rugby Foundation
- Bloodwise – formerly Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research
- Breast Cancer Now
- Challenge Ministries Swaziland UK
- Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Dance Again Foundation
- Diabetes UK
- Dorothy House Hospice Care
- First Steps Bath
- Focus Counselling
- FRANK Water
- Friends of Young Carers
- Genesis Trust
- Great Western Air Ambulance Charity
- Hope and Homes for Children
- Jamie’s Farm
- Jessie May
- Julian House
- Labour Behind the Label
- Life Project Bath
- Lifeskills – Learning for Living
- Make-A-Wish Foundation UK
- Mentoring Plus
- Mercy in Action
- National Trust
- Off the Record BANES
- Penny Brohn UK
- People against Poverty
- Rainforest Concern
- Rethink Mental Illness
- Samaritans of Bath & District
- Soundwell Music Therapy Trust
- Sporting Family Change
- St John’s Foundation
- St Mungo’s
- Stroke Association
- The Brain Tumour Charity
- The Forever Friends Appeal
- Time is Precious
- TREE AID
- University of Bath Students’ Union
- Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal
- We Hear You
- Wellbeing of Women
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Wiltshire Music Centre Trust
- Women’s Aid
The Forever Friends Appeal
One day, if not already, we will all spend time in hospital.
Run with us and help fund extra special projects that will make a real difference to patients and their families cared for by the Royal United Hospitals in Bath.
By joining our team (affectionately known as ‘Ted’s Team’), every step you take has the power to touch the lives of hundreds of thousands people, when they need it most.
Your friends. Your family. Your local community. Everyone.
Our patients and their families face tough challenges every single day and staff at the RUH are always there to guide, support and care for them, day in and day out. The funds raised from the Bath Half each year help us invest in extra-special equipment and facilities that make a real difference to everyone at the hospital, that goes above and beyond what standard NHS funding can afford. In 2019, we’ll also be celebrating our 20th Year of Fundraising (and the £20million that has been raised for the hospital over this time!), so if you’re thankful for the RUH, want us to help us continue our work by taking part in one of the best road races in the UK and enjoy a challenge… then taking part in the Bath Half is for you!
To find out more about our major projects (including our Cancer Care Campaign and Therapies Matter Campaign) and our newly-launched Special Appeals and the different areas you can support, visit our website here.
We’ll be there on the day to give you all the support you need – before, during and after! We’re already warming up our vocal chords to make sure you get a hero’s reception as you pass our cheering point. When you’ve finished make sure you join us at our team’s marquee for some birthday-themed surprises which will be located in the Runners Village, at Bath’s Recreation Ground.
What you’ll get as part of the best team in Bath…
- – Exclusive invitation to our 20th Birthday Celebrations in our Marquee!
- – Highly fashionable Team RUH running vest
- – Fundraising pack with helpful hints on raising sponsorship and training
- – Unrivalled enthusiasm and encouragement from all of our cheerers and supporters
- – Help and support is just a phone call away
- – Hugs all round from Big Ted himself!
Here’s how you can sign up and support your local hospital…
Looking for a charity place?
We have places available for just £35 on our website here. Sign up today, raise £175 and support patients and their families, when they need it most.
Already have a place via general entry?
You can still join the team – we’d love to have you! You’ll receive the same support as our charity place runners, the only difference is you don’t have to commit to a minimum sponsorship target. All we ask is that you raise as much as you can for the RUH! Just let us know you’d like to join by filling out our online form here, and we’ll send you a runners pack and everything else you need.
Corporate Challenge teams
You can also get your company and colleagues involved by entering the official Corporate Challenge. The Bath Half is a great team building exercise and fundraising opportunity!