Top Racing Tips from Brooks
There is less than a week to go until the big day and Brooks would like to share our top tips on what to do this week to ensure you are in the best possible shape for Sunday’s race! Brooks Running expert Graeme shares his top seven tips:
- Don’t be tempted to over-train! If you’ve done plenty of training over the past few months and have at least one or two 10-12 milers under your belt you’ll be fine!
- Make sure your muscles are well stretched, especially your calves.
- The only running you really need to do this week is a 4-5 miler mid-week, but after that take it easy and put your running shoes away until Sunday!
- Don’t feel guilty about chilling out rather than pounding the streets this week. Your body will thank you for it on race day.
- Don’t panic. If you are stressing about not being fit enough, or not having quite reached your goals, relax! This is an incredibly common and often unjustified fear, almost everyone else will be thinking the same as you, just do your best.
- Don’t underestimate the power of adrenaline on race day, the cheering crowds and overall atmosphere will give you the lift and boost you need.
- Most importantly, Run Happy!
For more running tips follow Brooks Running on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brooksrunningUK?ref=hl and on Twitter @Brooksrunninguk