We’re recruiting for a Registration and Partnerships Manager to join our small team based in the heart of Bath. Registration […]
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Charities involved with this year’s cancelled Bath Half Marathon have already received over £1.2 million pounds, and race organisers estimate […]
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Can we ask a huge favour of our runners? We need you to post your timing chips back to us […]
Saturday, March 3, 2018
Terms and conditions of entry
Bath Half Marathon and Family Fun Run
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
In applying to enter the Bath Half Marathon or the Family Fun Run I agree that :
- I enter the race at my own risk and will not take part unless I am medically fit to run a half marathon within 4 hours, or to run a 1 mile fun run – as applicable.
- The half marathon start will close 30 mins after the main race start (provisionally 11.00am). Half marathon competitors who do not start with the main field will not receive official race times.
- I accept that slower half marathon runners with finishing times of over 3 ½ hours approx will be asked to run on the pavements in the latter stages of the race as each section of road is reopened to traffic, and that runners who fail to reach the 10km point (Churchill Bridge) within 2 ½ hours of the official race start time (11.00am) will be prevented from starting the second lap.
- The event provides a supervised baggage facility for competitors, but all baggage is left at owners risk, and the organisers do not accept any liability for loss or damage to goods left at the baggage facility.
- To the extent permitted by the Unfair Contract Terms Act neither the event organisers, Running High Events Ltd, nor their charity partners, sponsors or suppliers will be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury resulting from negligence in consequence of my participation in this race.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications, to alter the date of the event, the course route or distance. No refund can be given if the race has to be foreshortened or postponed or due to circumstances outside the organisers control.
- In the event that the race has to be cancelled by the organisers due to circumstances outside their control entry fees will be refunded, but damages in any claim for costs in relation to cancellation will be limited to refund of entry fees.
- Half marathon entrants will be 17 years or older on race date.
- Fun run entrants under 11 years of age will be accompanied by a responsible registered adult entrant.
- I agree to abide by the Race Rules, UK Athletics Rules of Competition and to obey marshals instructions.
- I understand that the use of iPods or personal stereos is not permitted at this event for safety reasons due to the 2-lap configuration of the course.
- I understand that wheeled vehicles (other than registered disabled wheelchair entrants), self-propelled vehicles, cycles, roller skates and dogs are not permitted at this event for safety reasons. Children’s pushchairs are allowed in the Family Fun Run, but not in the half marathon.
- Entries to the Bath Half Marathon and Family Fun Run are personal to the applicant. I promise not to re-sell, pass or transfer my entry to another person, or allow another person to wear my race number, even if I cannot participate due to injury or illness.
- Registered half marathon entrants who wish to cancel their entry due to sickness or injury, and who notify us of their cancellation request using the on-line Cancellation Form on our website before 26th December 2017, will be offered the choice of either a free carry forward place for the following year’s or a refund of £15.00, or a donation of £15.00 to the Bath Half Marathon Fund. No carry forward place, refund or donation can be offered for half marathon entries cancelled after 26th December 2017 or which are not notified using our on-line form.
- No carry forward place or refund can be offered for fun run entries.
- Registered half marathon entrants who notify us of cancellation of their entry after 26th December 2017 and return their race pack to us before race day will be offered a Guaranteed Entry for the following year’s Bath Half Marathon, allowing them an extended period until 31st August to register their entry at the ‘early bird discount’ price.
- Merchandise orders are governed by the Distance Selling Regulations which allow customers the right to cancel their merchandise order within 7 working days of placing the order. This cancellation and refund right does not extend to race entries.
- I agree to pay the sum of £10.00 on demand if I fail to return the IPICO timing chip issued to me either on race day, or by post within 14 days of the event date.
- I agree to receive emails, mailings, marketing and/or mobile phone text messages from Running High Events Ltd, the race photographers, sponsors and charities in relation to my race entry and merchandise order for the 2018 event, including related offers from the organisers and our commercial or charity partners, plus invitations to enter the 2019 and 2020 Bath Half Marathon, whilst retaining the option to opt out of mailings should I subsequently decide to cancel my order.
- I consent to still & motion images of my participation in the event being used for marketing and publicity purposes.
- I agree to my personal and medical details being released by the medical team to the event organisers to inform my next of kin and statutory authorities in the event of a medical emergency.
- I will not participate in the event without wearing my registered race number on the front of my shirt or vest or without first completing the next of kin and medical details form on the back of my race number.
- Each Corporate Challenge entrant undertakes to fundraise a minimum sum of £175 for a charity of their own choice and to provide details of their fundraising on request to their team captain after the event.
- Discounted entries for UK Athletic club members are subject to verification that home country athletic federation competition licence fees have been paid at time of entry. Entrants whose competition licence fees are subsequently found not to have been paid for the current year at time of entry – whether unpaid by the entrant or withheld by their club – and who decline to pay the £2.00 entry fee surcharge within 14 days of request will have their entry cancelled, subject to a maximum refund of £15.00 – if cancelled before 26th December 2017 (if cancelled after this date no refund will be payable).
- The closing date for UK Athletic club members to notify us of club affiliation, or change of club, will be 2 weeks before race date, using the on-line Contact Us Form on our website.
- Official Race Charity entrants undertake to fundraise an agreed minimum sum for the named charity from whom the place is provided. The minimum fundraising amount, any initial donation and the period for payment will be agreed with the charity providing the place.
- This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales.
RUNNING HIGH EVENTS Ltd
Correspondence address : PO Box 3315, Bath BA1 6WX
Public enquiries : 01225 422255
Registered in England : 5531099. Registered Office address : 14 Queen Square, Bath BA1 2HN