The Vitality Bath Half Marathon is one of the UK’s top three single day charity fundraising events, with many of […]
Thursday, September 29, 2016
As always at this time of year it is great to get to Bath Half HQ each day and see […]
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Organisers of the award-winning Vitality Bath Half Marathon have announced that entries are now open for businesses and guests to […]
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
2016 Corporate Challenge Report
Congratulations to the winners of our 2016 Corporate Challenge Competition for business teams :
Men’s Winners – Running Bath 7hrs 14 mins
Women’s Winners – Vitality 9hrs 07mins
MEN’S CORPORATE CHALLENGE TEAM RESULTS – Men’s Corporate Challenge Team results
WOMEN’S CORPORATE CHALLENGE TEAM RESULTS – Women’s Corporate Challenge Team results
We are currently chasing this year’s Team Captains for the fundraising feedback. Our 2015 Corporate Challenge teams raised over £160,000 for a wide variety of charities.
Business Teams Represented
Just over 50 teams represented companies from diverse business sectors including accountants, architects, arts organisations, building contractors, civil servants, estate agents, financial advisors, food manufacturers, HM armed forces, lawyers, publishers, pubs & clubs, retailers, software companies, sports clubs, surveyors, taxi companies and utility companies.
The Vitality Bath Half Corporate Challenge is a unique team building and fundraising opportunity for businesses and guests competing at one of the most popular city centre road races in the UK, and one of the largest charity fundraisers in the South West, helping build TEAMWORK across departments, COMPETITION between businesses, and FITNESS within the workplace, whilst raising SERIOUS MONEY for charity.
The Vitality Bath Half sells out each year within weeks of release of entries. 500 places in the half marathon are specifically reserved for entrants representing businesses teams. Each Corporate Challenge entrant pledges to raise a minimum of £175 for a charity of their own choice. There is no limit to the number of entrants in each team (subject to the overall limit of 500 places), but a minimum of 5 runners are required to score in the team results and to qualify for the separate mens’ and women’s trophies.
Guest runners are welcomed – invite your clients, suppliers, friends and family. The event is ideal for inter-branch or inter-departmental challenges – see how head office really matches up against the local branch, Human Resources against IT, or management vs staff, and of course businesses are positively encouraged to challenge your competitors to square up on the start line!
Race day hospitality packages are available for runners and spectators, plus sponsorship opportunities at the event for business partners. Presenting a unique networking experience, breaking down normal ‘rules of engagement’ and providing an opportunity to engage face to face with 15,000 participants and 30,000 spectators at this spectacular community event.
Entries to the 2017 Corporate Challenge are now open
Entering the Corporate Challenge is a 3-stage process
- Step 1 – the designated TEAM CAPTAIN registers the team name and company details – NO CHARGE – click here to register
- Step 2 – the Race Secretary will VERIFY your team name and provide your Team Captain with ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS for team members
- Step 3 – the Team Captain circulates the entry instructions to all TEAM MEMBERS inviting them to purchase and register their own individual RACE ENTRIES under their team name – £43.50 PER ENTRANT
Entries are strictly FIRST-COME-FIRST-SERVED
Terms & conditions apply
Corporate Challenge Conditions of Entry
- Corporate Challenge entrants compete as individual runners in the half marathon alongside the general public and charity entrants, whilst also representing their business team
- Each Corporate Challenge entrant will be required to undertake to raise a minimum of £175 for a charity of his/her own choice and to provide details of their fundraising to their Team Captain on request after the event
- Team Captains will be required to act as company representative and point of contact for the race organiser, and to submit regular reports on their team’s fundraising after the event
- Entry to the Corporate Challenge is open to employees, proprietors, families and guests of any UK registered business or corporation (including HM forces & government departments)
- Entries are personal to the registrant and cannot be transferred
- Minimum age 17 years on race date
- The winning first Men’s Team and first Women’s Team will each receive a unique Vitality Bath Half Trophy
- Each scoring team comprises the fastest 5 members identified on the day by the results computor, calculated by lowest aggregate finishing place, in two categories – male and female. There is no limit to the number of non-scoring team members – subject to entries being available
- Corporate Challenge entrants are also eligible to score in the open prize categories. Affiliated athletic club members are also eligible to score for their club teams
- Corporate Challenge entry conditions are supplemental to the Vitality Bath Half Marathon terms and conditions of entry, Race Rules and UK Athletics Rules of Competition