2021 Official Race Charity Applications
Details of our 2021 charity scheme can be downloaded from the links below:
For information on how to apply for one of our Lead or Top Tier Charity Packages, please email our Charity Director, Kayley Waller, on [email protected]
To apply for a General Charity Package including just race entries, please complete this form.
20 year proven history of delivery for charity fundraising
Over £25 million pounds has been raised at the Bath Half Marathon by the official race charities in the 20 years since the introduction of our Official Race Charity Scheme in 2000.
As the largest single day fundraising event in the South West region, the Bath Half Marathon represents a valuable revenue stream for hundreds of charities and voluntary groups.
Participation in the event also helps raise the public profile of charities, particularly local smaller charities and voluntary groups supporting less popular causes.
- 20 year proven history of delivery for charity fundraising
- General public entries sold out every year since 2000
- Capacity for the event has been capped at 15,000 entries since 2007
- Lower entry costs and advertising packages for charities across all sectors
- Consistently high sell on rate – 86% of allocated charity places successfully filled by charities in 2019 (92% in 2018, 89% in 2017, 82% in 2016)
- One of the highest fundraising returns in UK (average £500 page value on JustGiving per place in 2019)
- Average 3 months exclusive period for charity sales
- Discounted entries for local charities – 25% below general public entry price
- No upper limit to the number of charity places, above minimum number of 5
- No charge for ‘Featured Local Charity’ status
- Free race day ‘general’ charity hall (or marquee)
- Dedicated in-house charity staff – a personal support & enquiries team, on hand from application to race day
- Long-term relationships with charity partners – 142 race charities in 2020
Our simple proposition:
Through low prices and a low fundraising pledge limit, we incentivise charities to take as many places in the race as possible. This helps us ensure the race sells out each year, therefore maximising the perceived ‘added value’ of charity places, and thereby the amount runners are willing to fundraise for their chosen charity. A winning formula for the last 20 years!
Higher entry costs for national and international charities, plus website advertising charges, are used to subsidise discounted entries for local charities and the operating costs of providing dedicated in-house staff to manage the charity scheme.
Entries to the Bath Half Marathon are heavily oversubscribed every year. One of our main priorities is to ensure maximum benefit from the places reserved for the Official Race Charities, selection of which is determined in accordance with our Charity Selection Criteria, with a particular emphasis on benefit to local charities within the Bath & North East Somerset area (which suffers the inconvenience of the event).
35% of the 15,000 places at the 2020 Bath Half Marathon (32% in 2019, 30% in 2018, 25% in 2017) will be reserved for our Official Race Charities. These places will be allocated by each charity to race entrants in return for an undertaking to fundraise for their respective charity.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do we apply to become an Official Race Charity ?
Applications for Official Race Charity places in the 2020 Bath Half Marathon are now closed. We will open applications for the 2021 race on xxxx.
- We are a new charity to the Bath Half Marathon and would like to find out more information about the official race charity scheme.
You can see further details about our charity scheme at the top of this page. Information regarding the 2021 race will be announced shortly.
- How much are the charity entries ?
Details of our charity entry packages for the 2021 race will be released shortly.
- How are runners registered onto the charity team?
We will send each charity full details of how to register your own runners. Charities can choose either to forward these registration instructions on to their runners (for them to register direct with us) or for the charity to register runners on their behalf.
- Charity contact details changed?
To ensure you don’t miss important announcements and updates from our charity team, please notify us of any changes in the nominated point of contact for your charity using our Contact Us form.