GENERAL ENTRY SELL OUT FOR BATH HALF With just under 5 months to race day the 2019 Bath Half […]
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Exciting new position has arisen at our Bath based offices. We are looking for a new member to join our […]
Monday, October 29, 2018
General entries to the 2019 Bath Half Marathon are set to sell out early again this year, as entries to […]
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Information for charities
2019 OFFICIAL RACE CHARITY APPLICATIONS
Applications for 2019 Official Race Charities are now OPEN
Record 92% sell on rate for charity entries in 2018
We particularly welcome applications from local charities and new charity partners
Details of our 2019 charity scheme can be downloaded from the links below :
CLICK HERE to download our 2019 General Charity Entry Packages Outline
CLICK HERE to download our 2019 Official Charity Scheme Information Pack
Charities wishing to apply for ‘Gold Bond’, ‘Silver Bond’ or ‘Bronze Bond’ reserved charity entries are asked to complete our CHARITY APPLICATION FORM
Details of our Featured ‘Lead’ and ‘Family Fun Run’ Charity schemes, and ‘Top Tier’ advertising packages can be obtained on request from our Charity Team using our CONTACT US FORM
Background – 19 year proven history of delivery for charity fundraising
Over £22 million pounds has been raised at the Bath Half Marathon by the official race charities in the 18 years since the introduction of our Official Race Charity Scheme in 2000. In 2017 a record figure of over £2.25 million pounds was raised by charities. An estimated £1.5 million pounds was raised at the 2018 Bath Half, despite the event being cancelled.
As the largest single day fundraising event in the South West region, the Bath Half Marathon represents a valuable revenue stream for hundreds of charities and voluntary groups. Participation in the event also helps raise the public profile of charities, particularly local smaller charities and voluntary groups supporting less popular causes.
- 19 year proven history of delivery for charity fundraising
- General public entries sold out every year since 2000
- Capacity for the event has been capped at 15,000 entries since 2007
- Lower entry costs and advertising packages for charities across all sectors
- Consistently high sell on rate – 92% of allocated charity places successfully filled by charities in 2018 (89% in 2017, 82% in 2016, 87% in 2015)
- One of the highest fundraising returns in UK (ave £520 page value on JustGiving per place in 2017)
- Low minimum pledge limit – £175
- Average 3 months exclusive period for charity sales
- Discounted entries for local charities – 25% below general public entry price
- No upper limit to the number of charity places, above minimum number of 5
- No charge for ‘Featured Local Charity’ status
- Free race day ‘general’ charity hall (or marquee)
- Dedicated in-house charity staff – a personal support & enquiries team, on hand from application to race day
- Long-term relationships with charity partners – 135 race charities in 2018
Our simple proposition, through low prices and a low fundraising pledge limit, is to incentivise charities to take as many places in the race as possible – to ensure the race sells out each year – maximising the perceived ‘added value’ of charity places, and thereby the amount runners are willing to fundraise for their chosen charity –a winning formula for the last 19 years !
Higher entry costs for national and international charities plus website advertising charges are used to subsidise discounted entries for local charities, plus the operating costs of providing dedicated in-house staff to manage the charity scheme
Entries to the Bath Half Marathon are heavily oversubscribed every year. One of our main priorities is to ensure maximum benefit from the places reserved for the Official Race Charities, selection of which is determined in accordance with our Charity Selection Criteria, with a particular emphasis on benefit to local charities within the Bath & North East Somerset area, which suffers the inconvenience of the event.
35% of the 15,000 places at the 2019 Bath Half Marathon (30% in 2018, 25% in 2017) will be reserved for our Official Race Charities. In turn these places will be allocated by each charity to race entrants in return for an undertaking to fundraise for their respective charity.