…and help to enhance the lives of local adults and children with a learning disability and autism.
For a bargain fee of just £10, and a commitment to raising £175 in sponsorship we really hope you will consider being part of our team.
- You will have a designated area in the runner’s village where you can meet up with the rest of the team.
- A branded running t shirt.
- A fundraising pack with tips to help you meet your target, including collection boxes and sponsorship forms.
- A member of Team KDMS supporting you every step of the way.
- Our very own Music Man Project will beat their drums, sing and cheer you on as you run past giving you that extra boost to get to the finish line.
- Personalised certificate
- Bath Half Goodie Bag
Already have your place and looking for a worthy cause?
Please join Team KDMS; you’ll receive the same support as our charity place runners with no minimum fundraising target, we’d just be so grateful for you to raise as much as you can to help our members enjoy more fun activities. Please message [email protected] to be added to the team.
We need you!
The COVID-19 pandemic meant that our 10 social clubs had to close, and all activities usually enjoyed by the members at the club setting ceased. We experienced a significant reduction in income from subscriptions and all fundraising events had been cancelled. Despite the drop in revenue we made a commitment to the members to remain operational, and we innovated our services and continued to engage with the members.
Almost 1 in 3 people with a learning disability spend less than 1 hour outside their home and 85% have said they feel lonely. 50% of families that have a person with a learning disability live below the poverty line; Keynsham Mencap are providing a service that wouldn’t be accessible to most due to lack of financial resources. For more information on our organisation please read…
The money you raise will go a very long way to providing essential social opportunities for our members, enabling them to enjoy the same experiences as their peers.
This year we have a target of £7000 and we need your help to hit it.
Keynsham and District Mencap Society Registered charity number 275561
Website page links