With Christmas upon us and race day just 12 weeks away, you may be starting to panic about staying focused […]
Thursday, December 19, 2019
CAN YOU WIN THE BATTLE OF THE BANDS? Once again, we are offering local musicians the chance to play on […]
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Running High Events, organisers of the Bath Half Marathon, supported by Bishop Fleming, have announced that public entries have sold […]
Friday, October 18, 2019
2020 CORPORATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES – SOLD OUT
The Bath Half Corporate Challenge is a unique team building and fundraising opportunity for businesses and guests competing at one of the most popular city centre road races in the UK, and the largest single day charity fundraising event in the South West, helping build TEAMWORK across departments, COMPETITION between businesses, and FITNESS within the workplace, whilst raising SERIOUS MONEY for charity.
The Bath Half sells out each year within weeks of release of entries. 400 places in the half marathon are specifically reserved for entrants representing businesses teams competing for the coveted Bath Half Corporate Challenge Mens’ and Women’s Team trophies. Mixed teams are also welcome.
- Businesses can pre-purchase their team entries (minimum of 5 race entries), and once their team is purchased, teams have until 7th February 2020 to register their individual team members.
- Corporate Challenge entrants are no longer required to fundraise for charity, but we are delighted that so many of you choose to do so, and we’d be grateful if you could provide us with details of your fundraising after the event.
Guest runners are welcomed – invite your clients, suppliers, friends and family. The event is ideal for inter-branch or inter-departmental challenges – see how head office really matches up against the local branch, Human Resources against IT, or management vs staff, and of course businesses are positively encouraged to challenge your competitors to square up on the start line!
Race day hospitality packages are also available for runners and spectators, plus sponsorship opportunities at the event for business partners. Presenting a unique networking experience, breaking down normal ‘rules of engagement’ and providing an opportunity to engage face to face with 15,000 participants and 30,000 spectators at this spectacular community event.
How to Enter
Entering the Corporate Challenge is a 3-stage process
- Step 1 – SOLD OUT. Pre-purchase your CORPORATE TEAM – minimum of 5 half marathon entries (max 50 entries) at £56.00 each entry (incl VAT). Registration instructions including your TEAM PASSWORD will then be emailed to the Team Captain. We can provide VAT invoices for business teams on request.
- Step 2 – the team captain circulates the registration instructions and the TEAM PASSWORD to all TEAM MEMBERS inviting them to register their own pre-paid RACE ENTRIES before the closing date of 7th February 2020
- Step 3 -Individual TEAM MEMBERS register their own pre-paid RACE ENTRIES before the closing date of 7th February 2020
Terms & conditions apply – see below
Corporate Challenge Terms & Conditions of Entry
- Corporate Challenge entrants compete as individual runners in the half marathon alongside the general public and charity entrants, whilst also representing their business team
- Corporate Challenge entrants are not required to fund raise for charity, but we are delighted that so many of you choose to do so and would be grateful if you could provide us with details of your fundraising after the event
- Team captains are required to act as company representative and point of contact for the race organiser
- Entry to the Corporate Challenge is open to employees, proprietors, families and guests of any UK registered business or corporation (including HM forces & government departments)
- Entries are personal to the registrant and cannot be transferred
- Minimum age 17 years on race date
- The winning first Men’s Team and first Women’s Team will each receive a unique Bath Half Trophy
- Each scoring team comprises the fastest 5 members identified on the day by the results computer, calculated by lowest aggregate finishing place, in two categories – male and female. There is no limit to the number of non-scoring team members – subject to entries being available
- Corporate Challenge entrants are also eligible to score in the open prize categories. Affiliated athletic club members are also eligible to score for their club teams
- Corporate Challenge entry conditions are supplemental to the Bath Half Marathon terms and conditions of entry, Race Rules and UK Athletics Rules of Competition.
2019 Corporate Challenge Results
Congratulations to all our 2019 Corporate Challenge finishers, but particularly to our winners :
Men’s Team Result (5 to score)
1st Team – Rotork Engineers – 7hrs 16mins
2nd Team – Bishop Fleming – 7hrs 24mins
3rd Team – Xpedite Group of Companies Ltd – 8hrs 21mins
Women’s Team Result (5 to score)
1st Team – Bishop Fleming – 9hrs 21mins
2nd Team – Shift Active Media Ltd – 9hrs 48mins
3rd Team – Missing Link – 9hrs 58mins
2019 Corporate Challenge Fundraising Report
Details of the 2019 Corporate Challenge team fundraising will be announced shortly. In 2017 our teams raised an amazing sum of just under £97,000 (£80,000 in 2016) for a wide variety of charities.
2019 Business Teams Represented
Just over 50 teams represented companies from diverse business sectors including accountants, architects, arts organisations, building contractors, civil servants, estate agents, financial advisors, food manufacturers, HM armed forces, lawyers, publishers, pubs & clubs, retailers, software companies, sports clubs, surveyors, taxi companies and utility companies.